29 Mar Courageous Congressman Moves to Stop Clinton’s Executive Order 13083
HE NEEDS YOUR HELP NOW!
Congressman Mac Collins of Georgia has introduced House Concurrent Resolution 299 (H.Con.Res. 299) to rescind Clinton’s Executive Order on Federalism.
- Executive Order 13083:
- effectively Revokes the 10th Amendment to the Constitution
- gives the Federal government almost unlimited power to enforce regulations on the states
- gives the President power to implement international UN treaties without Senate ratification
- gives the President power to send American troops anywhere at his whim
CONGRESSMAN COLLINS’ “H.CON.RES.299” WILL STOP E.O.13083
He now has 31 cosponsors. But he needs many more in order to get a floor vote. House Speaker Newt Gingrich has said he supports the Resolution – but may now be dragging his feet to enact it.
THERE MUST BE A NATIONWIDE SURGE OF OUTRAGE AGAINST E.O.13083 AND SUPPORT FOR H.CON.RES.299!!!
ACTION TO TAKE:
- 1. CALL HOUSE SPEAKER NEWT GINGRICH
Tell the Speaker that you want E.O 13083 rescinded. And tell him you want his support for H.Con.Res. 299.
Speaker Gingrich’s phone number: (202) 225-0600 fax number: (202) (202) 225-7733 JAM HIS PHONES LINES!!2. CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN: Urge him to sign on as a co-sponsor to H.Con.Res.299 and rescind E.O 13083. Capitol Switchboard: 202) 225-3121 (just ask for your Congressman by name and you will be connected to his office)
3. CALL YOUR STATE’S GOVERNOR: He will lose his powers if this Executive Order becomes law. Tell your governor to file an immediate protest to House Speaker Gingrich. Tell your governor to demand that E.O. 13083 be rescinded. Also call your State Representative with the same message. (Attatched)
4. SEND THIS ALERT TO AT LEAST FIVE MORE PEOPLE
SPEAKER NEWT GINGRICH MUST FEEL OUR HEAT – OR H.CON.RES.299 WILL NOT PASS.
CONGRESS MUST RESCIND E.O. 13083 BEFORE AUGUST 12TH – OR IT WILL BECOME FEDERAL LAW.
DON’T LET CLINTON GET AWAY WITH REVOKING THE 10TH AMENDMENT. STOP IT NOW!!!
CONGRESS LINKS: LISTING OF ALL FIFTY GOVERNORS’ ADDRESSES AND PHONE NUMBERS