29 Jan It’s Not Over! It’s Not Over! It’s Not Over!
January 29, 2010
The headline in today’s Washington Times read: “Democrats shelve health care overhaul.” Do not believe this from Pelosi and company. It is an effort to make you leave the battlefield.
Do not let down your guard in fighting the health care scheme. Pelosi, Reid and Obama hope you do. They are trying to hide their continuing efforts to pass it, while telling the media that they haven’t got enough votes – making the public think it is dead.
Here is what is going on behind the scenes:
Pelosi is trying to get the House of Representatives to pass the Senate version of ObamaCare – verbatim – so that the bill goes straight to Obama’s desk for signing. That way the Dems won’t have to worry about breaking another filibuster.
- Remember, The ObamaCare passed by the Senate takes away your right to choice and forces you to buy healthcare.
- It would create a federal medical data bank on every American.
- To make that data bank more “efficient” one section of the bill calls for a readable chip inserted under your skin (which contains your records).
- That database will be used by other federal agencies, including the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) to troll the health records of gun owners. Those records could be used as an excuse to take away guns from tens of millions of Americans.
- The bill is jam-packed with billions of dollars of bribes (pork) to buy the votes of sleazy senators.
- The bill would tax your personal health plan – similar to the Alternative Minimum Tax, which will soon grow to impose a 40% tax on EVERYONE.
- The bill will force Americans to buy expensive insurance which they can’t afford.
- The bill will increase insurance premiums by 10% to 13%.
- The bill will increase the federal deficit by hall a trillion dollars, when the accounting tricks are discounted.
- The bill will cause a shortage of qualified doctors as it dictates quotas to medical schools. No longer will the schools be able to accept only the best and the brightest, now they will have to meet quotas requiring them to accept less desirable applicants.
- The bill will force rationing of healthcare, limiting care and specialist choices, especially to the elderly.
Meanwhile, also in the back rooms, Republicans are trying to find a way to pass a “better” bill. That is a euphemism for “ObamaCare lite.” It’s all bad.
As Pelosi works to pass the Senate version, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is twisting arms, trying to get some Republicans to come on board, offering a “lite’ version in case another vote is necessary.
The weakest links are Senators Olympia Snowe (R-ME), Charles Grassley (R-IA), Susan Collins R-Me), Michael Enzi (R-WY), Lindsey Graham (R-SC), Orrin Hatch (R-UT), and Bob Corker (R-TN). Some have already tried to make deals to “get something” passed. Corker has offered his own bill.
There is no possible healthcare solution that includes government involvement. Medicare and Medicaid are prime examples of what happens when government gets involved – disaster –rationed health care.
We must not let Pelosi and Reid succeed. We must keep massive pressure on the Congress to make them do what the overwhelming number of Americans want – KILL OBAMACARE!
Action to take:
- Call your Representative in the House and tell them you will accept no version of health care “reform.” Period. Tell them you do not want them to make deals with the Democrat leadership to pass ANY bill. Give them all the reasons stated above. House switchboard: (202) 225-3121. Ask for your member by name.
- Call any or all of the above named Senators and tell them you will accept no version of health care “reform. Period. Tell them you do not want them to make deals with Democrat leadership to pass ANY bill. Give them the reasons stated above. Senate switchboard: (202) 224-3121.
We are on the verge of a great victory in stopping Obamacare. Now is not the time to pull back – now is the time to charge – pound a very large railroad spike in Obamacare’s coffin! Call everyday with this message.
Please pass this message on to your friends and neighbors and ask them to call too.