29 Mar URGENT: National Heritage Areas Hearing TUESDAY, MARCH 15!
*American Policy Center to Testify*
Action Alert! Action Alert!
|APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=7137 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy, and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING LEFTIST POLICIES!|
The National Heritage Areas scourge is BACK!
The Senate subcommittee on National Parks needs to hear from you. Please read the “Action to Take” below and make the necessary phone calls. The subcommittee must hear from you before Tuesday.
Next Tuesday, the subcommittee will hold a hearing to create three new National Heritage Areas spanning five states, and to convert an existing Heritage Area into an official unit of the National Park System. The four bills are as follows:
– S.175: the “Bleeding Kansas and Enduring Struggle for Freedom National Heritage Area” (Kansas)
– S. 322: the “Champlain Valley National Heritage Partnership” (Vermont and New York)
– S. 429: the “Upper Housatonic Valley National Heritage Area” (Connecticut and Massachusetts)
– S. 323: a bill to designate the “French Colonial Heritage Area” in Missouri as a unit of the National Park System
WE MUST MAKE A STAND HERE. DO NOT HOLD BACK ANYTHING.
Congress is gearing up to not only pass these Heritage Area bills — but to also create a MASSIVE new Heritage Area Program this year. A Program that would virtually ensure that every square inch of the United States could fall under Heritage Area boundaries. This means every square inch of the U.S. could be subject to the iron-fisted regulatory rule of the National Park Service and their Green allies. We must not let this happen!
THE SENATE PARKS SUBCOMMITTEE MUST HEAR FROM YOU. PHONE NUMBERS ARE LISTED BELOW.
IMPORTANT: Peyton Knight, executive director of the American Policy Center (APC), will be testifying before the subcommittee next Tuesday. Your phone calls to members of the subcommittee will help strengthen the impact of APC’s testimony.
AGAIN: National Heritage Areas are a federal land use scheme. Federal money (pork) is administered through the National Park Service to anti-property rights groups who are directed to preserve just about anything and everything within the Heritage Area. In other words, the Park Service “partners” with local greens to take away YOUR property rights. To read more about the dangers of National Heritage Areas, go to: http://americanpolicy.org/prop/senatetestimony.htm.
WE MUST ACT NOW!
**Action to Take**
1. Call National Parks Subcommittee Chairman Craig Thomas (R-WY) and tell him to oppose the creation of ANY new National Heritage Areas. Tell him to vote NO on the four Heritage Area bills listed above. Explain to him that Heritage Areas are unconstitutional expansions of government power that endanger the right of local communities to make their own land use decisions. Heritage Areas are federal land and power grabs! Call Senator Thomas now and ask to speak to the staff person in charge of Heritage Areas: (202) 224-6441.
2. Call the following members of the National Parks Subcommittee and tell them to vote NO on the four Heritage Area bills listed above.
Lamar Alexander (R-TN) 202.224.4944
George Allen (R-VA) 202.224.4024
Richard Burr (R-NC) 202.224.3154
Mel Martinez (R-FL) 202.224.3041
Gordon Smith (R-OR) 202.224.3753
Daniel K. Akaka (D-HI) 202.224.6361
Ron Wyden (D-OR) 202.224.5244
Mary L. Landrieu (D-LA) 202.224.5824
Jon Corzine (D-NJ) 202.224.4744
Ken Salazar (D-CO) 202.224.5852
3. Call both of your Senators and tell them to oppose the creation of ANY new Heritage Areas. Senate Switchboard: (202) 224-3121. Simply ask for your Senator by name.
***PLEASE SEND THIS URGENT ALERT TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE***
To be removed from this mailing list; please visit http://governance.net and enter your email address.