30 May Senate May Vote on Immigration Bill Today! “Reform” Bill Undermines the Rule of Law!
May 30, 2007
Action Alert! Action Alert!
The Senate is in a frenzy working to pass S. 1348, The Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2007, co-sponsored by Senator Ted Kennedy and Senator John McCain. If passed, this bill (developed behind closed doors amid massive public opposition) will so undermine our Rule of Law and the sovereignty of the United States that the nation will not recover. You must take action if we are to save the existence of the United States as a sovereign nation!
The Heritage Foundation published an analysis of S. 1348 ( http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigration/wm1468.cfm ) by Matthew Spalding, Ph.D., Director of the B. Kenneth Simon Center for American Studies at The Heritage Foundation, and former DOJ/AG adviser on immigration law Kris Kobach, Ph.D. In it, they state, “This seriously flawed proposal would undermine the rule of law by granting massive benefits to those who have willfully violated U.S. laws, while denying those benefits to those who have played by the rules and sometimes even to U.S. citizens.”
They then list ten of the worst provisions in this very flawed bill, cautioning that their list of ten is “by no means an exhaustive list:”
1. A Massive Amnesty – the bill grants amnesty to virtually all of the 12-20 million illegal aliens in the country today, with no cap on the total number eligible.
2. The Permanent “Temporary” Visa – renewable every four years until the visa-holder dies.
3. Hobbled Background Checks – would make it extremely difficult to prevent criminals and terrorists from obtaining legal status.
4. Amnesty for Absconders – extends to the more than 636,000 fugitives who have been ordered deported by an immigration judge.
5. Reverse Justice – would effectively shut down the immigration court system.
6. Enforcement of Amnesty, Not Laws – would transform Immigrations and Customs Enforcement (ICE) from a law enforcement agency into an amnesty distribution center.
7. Amnesty for Gang Members – extends eligibility to over 30,000 violent international gang members, such as MS-13.
8. Tuition Subsidies for Illegal Aliens – incorporates Senator Kennedy’s DREAM Act (demanded by illegal alien lobbyists), giving illegal alien students in-state college tuition breaks not available to out-of-state American students and legal immigrant students.
9. Taxpayer-Funded Lawyers for Illegal Aliens – would force taxpayers to foot the bill for many illegal aliens’ lawyers.
10. Amnesty Before Enforcement Triggers – allows provisional visas to be issued immediately after enactment; giving illegals immediate lawful status, protection from deportation, authorization to work, and the ability to exit and reenter the country.
S. 1348 also creates a new “United States – Mexico Border Enforcement Review Commission” (Title 1, Section 138). Michelle Malkin ( http://michellemalkin.com/archives/007576.htm?
print=1 ) says this “appears to be a Trojan Horse for more proxy meddling by Mexican officials hell-bent on undermining border enforcement and interior enforcement. Members from the law enforcement community will be balanced out by members from ‘academia, religious leaders, civic leaders or community leaders‘ (read: the open-borders lobby).” In practice, this provision would completely undermine our nation’s rank-and-file border enforcement.
S. 1348 will place an estimated 60 million immigrants on the path to U.S. citizenship in coming years. But the U.S. physically cannot accommodate 60 million, mostly unskilled immigrants who don’t even speak our language. Heritage Foundation scholar Robert Rector recently released a new study entitled, “The Fiscal Cost of Low-Skill Households to the U.S. Taxpayer.” In the report, Rector notes that two-thirds of the 12-20 million illegal aliens in this country fall into the category of “low-skill” households (only about 10% of Americans fall into that category). Rector concluded the average low-skill household receives $22,449 more in benefits than it pays in taxes.
World Net Daily calculated if there are 12 million illegals in the U.S. the total tax burden would be $2.2 trillion. This is a staggering sum, but if you run the numbers based on 60 million, you arrive at a financial burden American taxpayers simply could never possibly pay.
Why is it that President Bush seems to want freedom, “democracy” and national sovereignty everywhere else in the world, but not at home?
When will this insanity stop? Who will stop it? If we are to save this nation, it must be you, and it must be today!
ACTION TO TAKE
1. Contact Senator Majority Leader Harry Reid.
2. Contact Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell.
3. Contact your two state Senators.
Tell them all you completely oppose any amnesty bill, in any form, by whatever name. DEMAND they vote against S. 1348 or any other bill containing amnesty provisions.
Phone calls and letters are the most effective way to contact Congress.
E-mails and faxes are many times ignored. Members of Congress have been changing their e-mail addresses and fax numbers when we send out alerts. If you prefer, though, you can send an e-mail by going to each member’s website at http://thomas.gov.
You can write your Senator as below:
Office of Senator (Name)
United States Senate
Washington, D.C. 20510
You may phone the United States Capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate or House office you request. Or,
You can send an e-mail by going to each member’s website at http://thomas.gov.
4. Contact President Bush. Demand he honor his sworn oath, taken twice now, to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. Remind President Bush that Article IV, Section 4 of that Constitution reads, “The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against invasion.”
Ask President Bush how he can guarantee our porous border prevents entry into the U.S. by terrorists.
Ask President Bush why U.S. citizens should be assaulted, robbed, raped and murdered, and have their children molested, while he refuses to seal our borders and insure enforcement of our laws.
You may phone or fax President Bush:
Or email him: [email protected]
The President of the United States is clearly not doing his duty to protect Americans against invasion. Perhaps some courageous Republican, to get the attention of this White House, should drop a bill of impeachment into the hopper, charging President Bush with a conscious refusal to uphold his oath of office and defend the states of the Union against “invasion.”
SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AT LEAST TEN MORE PEOPLE! APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING OPPRESSIVE POLICIES!