07 Oct It’s Election Week for the Continental Congress 2009
October 7, 2009
A Chance for Every American to Make a Difference!
Bob Schulz, founder of the We The People Foundation has worked tirelessly over the past year to create a Continental Congress to give all Americans an opportunity to step up to support the Constitution and our nation’s Founding Principles.
The Continental Congress 2009 is a true coming together of the American people in a time of great crisis for our Republic.
Please make special note: This is NOT a Constitutional Convention (Con Con) – but a Congress of the people to address assaults on our Republic.
The Congress will be held November 8 – 22, 2009 at the Pheasant Run Resort in St Charles, Illinois (just outside Chicago).
153 delegates from all 50 states will be elected by Americans in voting that takes place this Saturday, October 10th.
Once elected, those delegates- representing all 50 states – will meet in session for two weeks in November In the tradition of the Founding Fathers and their Continental Congress of 1774. Continental Congress 2009 will convene as a national assembly of “We the People” and attest to the increasing abuses to our governing documents. Together, delegates will decide what peaceful, legal steps can be taken to bring about compliance with the Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights.
Some of the issues to be discussed and addressed at Continental Congress 2009:
- No more undeclared wars that undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.
- No more gifting of public money and credit to private corporations for decidedly private purposes, which undermines the economy, the family and the Constitution.
- No more debt-based, fiat currency that undermines the economy, the family and the Constitution.
- No more direct, un-apportioned taxes on labor that undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.
- No more War on Terror with its developing Police State, which undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.
- No more unenforced immigration laws that undermine the economy, the family and the Constitution.
- No more counting votes in secret, a practice that undermines the economy, the family and the Constitution.
- No more attempts to disarm Americans.
- No more attempts to create a North American Union.
- Government restraint, individual rights and governance by the people as a Republic under the rule of law.
- Individual Prosperity and quality of life rather than booms and bust
- Respect rather than hatred abroad
- Creditor rather than Debtor status
- Rule of law rather than Rule of man or Whim
- Pride rather than apathy
- Happiness rather than fear
- A servant government rather than privileged autocrats controlling and enslaving the rest of us.
The Congress’ entire proceeding will be seen over
the Internet in a world wide broadcast.
Now, you can help select the
delegates to represent your state!
The nomination process is now complete in each state and this is election week. Delegates will be elected by voters from their states.
There are almost 100 polling places which have been established across the country. The polling places will have paper ballots and they will be hand counted with results announced and publicly posted at each voting center. Citizens will have the opportunity to participate in a Constitutionally-valid election.
In areas where polling places are not available, citizens can vote through mail-in ballots, available on line. Those paper ballots must be post marked no later that October 10th.
I urge all concerned Americans and patriots who want to restore our American Republic to take part in electing delegates from your state to this historic event.
PLEASE DO IT TODAY!
This may be the only chance you ever have to participate in such a historic event – and to perhaps help change the direction of our nation.
Special note to Virginia Residents:
I have been nominated to be a delegate to represent Virginia at the Continental Congress.
I would appreciate your vote. Virginia balloting is by mail.
So please make sure your ballots are post marked by October 10th.
They must be notarized to be valid.
Thanks, Tom DeWeese
SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AT LEAST TEN MORE PEOPLE! APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click here to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING OPPRESSIVE POLICIES!