29 Mar Time to Put Your Name On the Dotted Line
APC Organizing to Stop New “Careers” Act (S.1186)
Powerful forces are moving to push Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott to schedule a floor vote on the “Workforce Investment Partnership Act,” S.1186.
There is only one way to stop this bill – let Trent Lott know there is massive OPPOSITION to the bill. It is urgent that All activists join together to say “NO” to S.1186.
That’s why APC is organizing “THE GRASSROOTS COALITION TO STOP S.1186.” Please join us by putting your name on the dotted line to express your opposition. Just fill out the form below and send it back to APC. APC will include the Coalition list in an information packet about S.1186 that we are preparing for every Senator. JOINING THE COALITION IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT OF APC – IT IS SIMPLY A SHOW OF FORCE TO TELL WASHINGTON THAT YOU OR YOUR ORGANIZATION OPPOSE THE FEDERAL NANNY STATE THAT S.1186 WILL HELP BUILD. Tell the Senate that you are ready to fight.
IF S.1186 BECOMES THE LAW OF THE LAND, IT WILL:
- complete the terrible triangle of school restructuring (School-To-Work, Goals 2000 and CAREERS)
- consolidate huge data banks of personal information on your children from the Dept. of Education, Dept. of Labor and Dept. of Health and Human Services.
- replace diplomas with “skills certificates” that will eventually become little more than federal “job licenses.”
WE MUST STOP THIS BILL – TO DO IT APC WILL:
- send anti-S.1186 packets to every U.S. Senator;
- meet with Senators and their staffs to voice our opposition and deliver thousands of petitions;
- issue news releases and appear on radio and television nationwide;
BUT THE SENATE MUST HEAR STRONG OPPOSITION NATIONWIDE
IT IS URGENT THAT YOU TAKE THE FOLLOWING ACTION – NOW
- join the Grassroots Coalition to stop S.1186 by filling out the form below and returning it to APC;
- write and call your U.S. Senators (include Trent Lott with every call) to voice your opposition to S.1186
- make five copies of this alert and send them to family, friends and concerned activists.
Now is the time to stop this federal education insanity!
GRASSROOTS COALITION TO STOP S.1186 NAME______________________________ ORGANIZATION______________________ ADDRESS___________________________ CITY, STATE, ZIP__________________ PHONE_____________________________ FAX_______________________________ E-MAIL____________________________