08 Apr Senate to Vote on “Faith Based Initiative” (S. 476) TOMORROW, APRIL 9th!!!
URGENT ACTION NEEDED!
April 8, 2003
|APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=7137 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy, and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING LEFTIST POLICIES!|
S. 476 to include massive cash handouts for multibillion dollar land trusts!
YOUR ACTION NEEDED!
Tell your Senators and Representative to vote “NO!” on sections 106 and 107 of S. 476 (The “CARE” Act)!
The Vote on S. 476 is to take place TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 9th!
The American Policy Center has long been opposed to the “Faith Based” Initiative because we know that it is merely a vehicle for government to get its hands on the inner workings of private charities and other organizations. Now, as APC News Wire reported last month, it turns out that S. 476, which began as President Bush’s Faith Based Initiative, has become a vehicle for extreme environmental groups to snatch-up MORE federal tax dollars and grab MORE private property!
Specifically, sections 106 and 107 of S. 476 provide an UNFAIR TAX ADVANTAGE to multibillion dollar land trusts like The Nature Conservancy and other radical green groups. These sections state that on sales of land and water rights, the seller will receive a 25% capital gains tax break—ONLY if he sells to an environmental group, land trust or government agency!!! HOWEVER, the usual high taxes apply to ALL sales to churches, orphanages, private schools, etc.!!!
Sections 106 and 107 of the “Faith Based” CARE Act UNDENIABLY HURT FAITH BASED ORGANIZATIONS!
THERE IS NO TIME TO WASTE! SECTIONS 106 AND 107 MUST BE REMOVED NOW!!!
When it comes time to sell, property owners will end up selling to the government or the radical land trusts so they can receive the 25% cut on their capital gains tax! MEANWHILE, churches, orphanages, and private buyers WILL BE SHUT OUT IN THE COLD because they can’t compete with that 25% benefit to the seller!
MOREOVER, as other parties are discouraged from the bidding on private land sales, the competition amongst the buyers decreases! THE ONLY BIDDERS WILL BE THE WEALTHY LAND TRUSTS AND FAT GOVERNMENT AGENCIES! These groups will undoubtedly reduce their bids SUBSTANTIALLY because they’ll be the ONLY bidders, AND they can offer the seller a 25% tax break on his profits!!! PROPERTY VALUES WILL PLUMMET!
Sections 106 and 107 of S. 476 mean:
1. MORE money, power and land for wealthy, greedy, land-grabbing environmental organizations.
2. MORE property for the land-hungry federal government.
3. FEWER opportunities for “faith-based” groups such as churches, orphanages and private schools to buy property.
4. LOWER property values for landowners.
Sections 106 and 107 MUST BE REMOVED!!!
PLEASE READ THE ACTION TO TAKE BELOW.
WE MUST KEEP UP THE PRESSURE ON CONGRESS.
CALL YOUR CONGRESSMEN AND SENATORS TODAY AND TOMORROW—EARLY AND OFTEN!!!
*Action to Take *
1. Call your Representative and tell him or her to oppose sections 106 and 107 of the CARE Act. House Switchboard: (202) 225-3121. Simply ask for your Representative by name. THEN, once they patch you through to his/her office, ask for the staff person in charge of the CARE Act (S. 476).
2. Call both of your Senators and urge them to oppose sections 106 and 107 of the CARE Act. Senate Switchboard: (202) 224-3121. Ask for your Senator by name. THEN, once they patch you through to his/her office, ask for the staff person in charge of the CARE Act (S. 476).
3. Write your local papers, call your local radio talk shows—TELL THE WORLD about this green hijacking of the CARE Act (S. 476).
4. ACT NOW! KEEP UP THE PRESSURE TODAY AND TOMORROW! THE VOTE IS NOW!
***PLEASE SEND TO AT LEAST FIVE MORE PEOPLE***