26 Nov URGENT – Contact Your Congressmen! The SAVE Act Will Deliver America – to Centralized Government Control!
November 26, 2007
Action Alert! Action Alert!
The “Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act of 2007,” otherwise known as the SAVE Act (H.R. 4088), is NOT serious immigration reform. And it’s dangerous to our liberty.
Contrary to what you may have been told, most of the “solutions” in H.R. 4088 are meaningless window dressing that will not help to stop the invasion of illegal aliens.
However, H.R 4088 will help create or enforce several new federal data banks that will infringe on your rights to privacy.
Some who are urging your support of this bill are saying American Policy Center is wrong in our opposition to the SAVE Act. Proponents simply argue that the bill will “broaden” enforcement and make it extremely difficult for illegals to obtain work. APC would not oppose such a plan – but how it is achieved in H.R. 4088 is not supportable for free Americans. Here are the facts:
Section 201 of the bill will require employers to use the E-Verify system “for every person or other entity that hires one or more individuals for employment in the United States.” That means every time you apply for a job your background will be checked through a national data bank. That means every single American will have to have their personal information placed in that data bank and registered in a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) worker registry within four years. That means, once again, because some people break the law – all Americans must be herded into Big Brother‘s surveillance system.
You may also remember a previous DHS pilot program designed to do many of the same things the SAVE Act would make into law. The Pilot Program “http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/press_release_0449.shtm” was developed between DHS and the Mexican government in 2004 to “voluntarily repatriate” Mexican illegal aliens. If a Mexican illegal alien was apprehended for illegal entry and volunteered to go back to Mexico, our government volunteered your tax dollars to pay to fly them to either Mexico City or Guadalajara where they would be provided bus transportation back to their final destination. Section 201 of the SAVE Act makes this repatriation program permanent while its expansion requires all workers in America, citizen or not, be registered in DHS’ E-Verify database, which is part of the Pilot Program.
Such a system may be “convenient” for government, but it’s not freedom and APC stands opposed to it.
Section 203 of the SAVE Act will establish a standardized, national databank that tracks “vital events” in your life, particularly your birth and death. Now, why is that bad? Let us explain:
APC has been heavily involved in the effort to stop the creation of a national ID card. The Real ID was passed two years ago to be that ID card. This year several states have refused to impose the Real ID through their Drivers License system simply because they can’t comply. Why? Because the Real ID Act requires that states use a national birth certificate databank to verify identity. The problem is, no such birth certificate databank exists – so it is impossible for states to comply – that is a good thing because it is stopping implementation of a national ID system.
Here is what Section 203 says:
“SEC. 203. ESTABLISHMENT OF ELECTRONIC BIRTH AND DEATH REGISTRATION SYSTEMS.
(a) In consultation with the Secretary of Health and Human Services and the Commissioner of Social Security, the Secretary shall take the following actions:
(1) Work with the States to establish a common data set and common data exchange protocol for electronic birth registration systems and death registration systems.
(2) Coordinate requirements for such systems to align with a national model.
(3) Ensure that fraud prevention is built into the design of electronic vital registration systems in the collection of vital event data, the issuance of birth certificates, and the exchange of data among government agencies.
(4) Ensure that electronic systems for issuing birth certificates, in the form of printed abstracts of birth records or digitized images, employ a common format of the certified copy, so that those requiring such documents can quickly confirm their validity.
(5) Establish uniform field requirements for State birth registries.
(6) Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, establish a process with the Department of Defense that will result in the sharing of data, with the States and the Social Security Administration, regarding deaths of United States military personnel and the birth and death of their dependents.
(7) Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, establish a process with the Department of State to improve registration, notification, and the sharing of data with the States and the Social Security Administration, regarding births and deaths of United States citizens abroad.
(8) Not later than 3 years after the date of establishment of databases provided for under this section, require States to record and retain electronic records of pertinent identification information collected from requestors who are not the registrants.
(9) Not later than 6 months after the date of the enactment of this Act, submit to Congress a report on whether there is a need for Federal laws to address penalties for fraud and misuse of vital records and whether violations are sufficiently enforced.“
Can there be any doubt that this section of the SAVE Act is designed to establish that birth certificate databank? That’s why APC has charged that the SAVE Act is a tool to help implement the Real ID act and ultimately a National ID system. APC stands opposed to Big Brother’s surveillance over our lives – no matter what the “good intentions.”
Others have charged that APC’s analysis of the SAVE Act is incorrect and “deplorable.” We say – check your premise. Are we fighting the illegal alien invasion as an excuse to back door Big Brother into controlling our lives or to preserve our freedom?
You, loyal Americans, have fought many hard-pitched battles against bad immigration bills. You have risen up in numbers rarely, if ever, seen in the halls of Congress. You have stopped one bad “immigration reform” bill after another. You should be proud; your anger and tenacity have stunned hardened politicians and pundits alike. But you must not let your guard down. Our work is not done.
If you love American Freedom then you must not support the SAVE Act. APC believes it is another Trojan Horse.
The SAVE Act will deliver Americans to centralized control, by setting the stage for a national workforce management system. Perhaps this is why big business and labor unions are stepping up in support of this legislation.
You’re being told the SAVE Act is the solution to America’s immigration problems you’ve long sought. It just isn’t so, and you deserve much better, from both your government, and any organization purporting to work on your behalf.
For these reasons the American Policy Center remains opposed to the SAVE Act.
However, the SAVE Act, H.R. 4088, has growing bipartisan support and is on a fast track for passage.
ACTION TO TAKE:
It is imperative you contact your member of Congress. Also contact Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi; House Majority Whip, Steny Hoyer; House Minority Leader, John Boehner; and House Minority Whip, Roy Blunt. Congress will return from Thanksgiving recess on December 3, but congressional office staffers are working, so you can contact them right now. Call the Congressional switchboard at (202) 224-3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the House office you request.
Tell every Congressman you contact to oppose the SAVE Act, H.R. 4088, because:
- The SAVE Act will not stop the invasion of illegals, but will convert them to “authorized aliens.”
- The SAVE Act advances the pernicious “National Human Resource Management” system that has been implemented piecemeal since the 1990s.
- The SAVE Act advances a cradle-to-grave government database to track all “human resources” which will benefit big business.
- The SAVE Act helps advance implementation of a National ID Card because is helps establish a birth certificate databank (Section 203).
- The SAVE Act will not secure our nation’s borders, will not safeguard her citizens, will not preserve what’s left of our Rule of Law, and will further decimate our liberty
SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AT LEAST TEN MORE PEOPLE! APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click here – www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING OPPRESSIVE POLICIES!