10 May Obama Moves To Tax Cars By the Mile
From the American Policy Center
Tom DeWeese – President
70 Main Street, Suite 23
Warrenton, VA 20186
Getting us out of our cars is a major goal of Agenda 21 and Sustainable Development. How do they do that – make it impossible to own or drive a car.
$5 per gallon of gas is one good way to stop your driving.
Taxing every mile you drive is another.
The Obama Administration is already well on its way to the $5 per gallon mark, pretending that forcing alternative energy policy is some kind of an answer to high gas prices. It’s not.
But now, the Administration is quietly organizing plans to tax automobile drivers based on how many miles they drive.
Of course the Obama crowd denies any such thing. Classic.
The plan is part of Obama’s “Transportation Opportunities Act.” Don’t you love the 1984 newspeak title?
The plan that is being considered and developed is this:
- Create a new federal bureaucracy inside the Federal Highway Administration called the “Surface Transportation Revenue Alternatives Office, with a budget of $300 million – to start.
- The office would then be assigned the task to “study framework that defines the functionality of a mileage based user fee system and other systems.”
- Install electronic equipment on every car to determine how many miles are driven.
- Create a “Vehicle Miles Traveled” Tax (VMT).
The push to tax mileage is part of the over-all Sustainable Development agenda to raise the cost of energy to force us to “conserve.” There are now moves to put a tax on the use of toilet paper and plastic bags.
Sustainable Development is part of an international agenda to force us to sacrifice and transform American society through a top-down centrally-controlled economy – in short – Socialism.
During the presidential campaign in 2008, Obama told us that international policy would be his driving policy force when he said “We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times…and then just expect that other countries re going to say OK…That’s not leadership. That’s not going to happen.”
Of course, NOW the Obama Administration denies the whole thing. His spokesmen say the mileage tax is just a “study framework.” But the Senate Budget Committee, chaired by Senator Kent Conrad (D.N.D.) issued a report suggesting the mileage tax as a way to generate more revenue.
After that report was released, the Obama Administration issued the Transportation Opportunities Act. Section 2218 of that bill includes the mileage tax idea.
Obama’s people say it’s just an “idea” being considered.”
Remember Obama’s first choice for Energy Czar, Van Jones, an avowed communist, who said, “The green economy will start off as a small subset. And we are going to push it and push it and push it…until it becomes the engine for transforming the whole society.”
“Americans must know now that these “ideas” are NOT just random air”
THERE WILL BE A MILEAGE TAX IMPOSED ON YOU WITHIN THE NEXT TWO YEARS. COUNT ON IT.
That’s why it’s urgent that you and I take immediate action to kill this “idea” right now!
If you are taxed for every mile you drive will you feel as free to go where you like? Or will you be more inclined to stay home? This is an assault on your freedom.
Do you want yet another government meter on your car measuring where you go? Big Brother spying has no place in a free society.
Action to take:
- Call the White House and tell them you are outraged by such a plan. Tell them NO on a mileage tax. We must convey that message to them right now. Let them know it will not be tolerated. Whitehouse Switchboard: 202-456-1111
- Call your member of Congress with the same message. NO mileage tax. House switchboard: (202) 225-3121
- Call both of your United States Senators with the same message. NO mileage tax. Senate Switchboard: (202) 224-3121
If we don’t kill this idea now – in the planning stages it will become reality.
Send this message to 10 more people and urge friends and neighbors to call. They will all be affected by this outrageous tax on yet another part of our lives.
Remember! TEA Party means = Taxed Enough Already!