22 Sep UPDATE ON THE GREAT NORTH AMERICAN PHONE-IN
September 22, 2008
|APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=7137 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy, and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING LEFTIST POLICIES!|
I want to issue a heartfelt “thank you” to all APC Sledgehammer activists who took part in the Phone-In on September 16th.
Apparently we made quite an impact as thousands of calls were made to Capitol Hill, to district offices across the country, and to the Canadian parliament in Ottawa.
Some of the highlights:
1. By 11:00AM Eastern time APC received calls from two congressional offices begging us to stop the calls. The office of Rep. Mike Rogers of Alabama said they couldn’t get any work done. Our response was “good.”
Another congressional office (we didn’t get the name) said the tired old line, “we don’t support a North American Union because there is no North American Union.” I answered, “then put it in writing by co-sponsoring H.Con Res 40.” No response. The calls continued.
2. APC received many calls from activists anxious to report on their efforts. Some reported that, as soon as congressional staffers answered the phone they said, “Yes, we know, H. Con. Res. 40.” Apparently our message was getting through.
3. Rep. Virgil Goode’s office (he is the chief sponsor of H. Con. Res. 40) was thrilled by our efforts. His staff reported that there is considerable buzz on the hill about the bill. We have 50 co-sponsors reported to date, hopefully more are coming.
4. Reports came later in the day that callers were having trouble reaching congressional offices. If they called the numbers we provided, the recorded message came on that “this phone was not in service.” Calls had to be made through the switchboard at that point. We don’t know if that was from the volume of calls, but we do know it wasn’t happening earlier in the day.
5. We received reports that local district offices were swamped with calls. In turn they were reporting of the large number of calls being received in the districts to their Representative’s office on Capitol Hill (which were receiving their share of calls also). The overall impression was that we were a nation-wide campaign. Very impressive.
6. In Canada, parliament had to add more receptionists to take the calls. Most calls had to be made through toll-free 800 numbers, and there was a large back up as callers had to wait to get through to individual offices of members of Parliament. Moreover, we understand that parliament was receiving calls from as far away as Mexico and the Netherlands.
7. Throughout the day, my Canadian associate Paul Grondin, (the man who came up with the idea for the Phone-In) received numerous calls from Activists wanting to join the Phone-In and were looking for lists of phone numbers.
It appears from these reports from the front lines that The Great North American Phone-In was a success and has had the desired impact. Congress can no longer ignore the North American Union.
Our next step is to issue a follow up letter to Congress, again urging them to investigate the NAU and the SPP and to join in cosponsoring H. Con. Res.40. It’s not too large for more organizations to join in this effort and apply much needed pressure on this vital issue.
Again, my thanks for a job well done by the many activist and groups who participated, and to the many radio programs across the nation who helped get out the word to their listeners.
— Tom DeWeese
SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AT LEAST TEN MORE PEOPLE! APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=5906 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING OPPRESSIVE POLICIES!