29 Apr Action Alert! – Stop the PASS Act! Congress, assaults on liberty just keep coming
April 29, 2009
|APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click http://www.referralblast.com/rblast.asp?sid=7137 to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy, and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING LEFTIST POLICIES!|
Congress is trying a new flimflam to trick Americans into supporting an International ID and a total surveillance society.
Now they are pretending to REPEAL the REAL ID Act and replace it with the PASS Act (S.1261).
The REAL ID Act, passed in 2005 under the excuse that it would help protect us from terrorists and illegal immigrants, is tied directly to International ID biometric data banks, allowing constant surveillance of every American, no matter where they are. More than 20 states have refused to comply because it is an invasion of personal privacy.
Americans have told Congress repeatedly that we do not want to trade away our liberty for security.
Americans have told Congress repeatedly that we oppose REAL ID and any kind of government issued national or International ID Card.
And Americans have told Congress repeatedly that we do not want to be enrolled in any kind of Biometric Identification System.
That has not changed.
Now, Congress is rushing to replace REAL ID with the PASS Act – pretending that they are answering the voice of the people. It’s a lie!
Enough is Enough!
The PASS Act is WORSE than REAL ID!
1. The PASS Act does not repeal The REAL ID Act – it SUPPLEMENTS it (Makes it worse).
2. The PASS Act contains requirements for a digital facial image/photograph on drivers’ licenses that will be mandated to be compatible with international facial recognition databases.
3. Both REAL ID and the PASS Act result in Americans being enrolled into a single global biometric identification system that links a person’s body profile to their ability to move about freely in their daily routines.
4. Two international agencies (the UN’s International Civil Aviation Organization and the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators) are setting the standards used in REAL ID and the PASS Act, enforced by the Department of Homeland Security.
5. The PASS Act will enhance government’s ability to increase surveillance on every American – throughout the world – through the use of closed Circuit television cameras (CCTV), now in place almost everywhere.
6. The PASS Act violates Constitutional rights, compromises national and state sovereignty, and threatens the safety of all Americans.
We must stop the PASS Act now!
The Senate is rushing to enact the PASS Act before we are able to organize opposition. It was only introduced a couple of weeks ago and already Committee Chairman Joe Lieberman is trying to get a floor vote any day. Worse, he is not allowing any opponents of the PASS Act to testify in hearings. Such hearings are a shame!
Lieberman and the pro International Surveillance forces want no opposition to their schemes. We must bury them in protesting phone calls.
Urgent that you call now!
Action to take:
We are asking every American to call each of the Senators listed below and say:
1. We are opposed to the REAL ID and the PASS Act
2. We are opposed to being enrolled into a biometric identification system
3. We do not want our social security numbers in state DMV databases
4. We do not want RFID chips in our driver’s licenses
5. We are opposed to the federal government intervening in the issuance of state driver’s licenses.
The senate committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs:
Senator Lieberman – Chairman: (202) 224-4041
Senator Collins: (202) 224-2523
Senator Akaka: (202) 224-6361
Senator Bennet: (202) 224-5852
Senator Burris: (202) 224-2854
Senator Carper: (202) 224-2441
Senator Coburn: (202) 224-5754
Senator Ensign: (202) 224-6244
Senator Graham: (202) 224-5972
Senator Landrieu: (202) 224-5824
Senator Levin: (202) 224-6221
Senator McCain: (202) 224-2235
Senator McCaskill: (202) 224-6154
Senator Pryor: (202) 224-2353
Senator Tester : (202) 224-2644
Senator Voinovich: (202) 224-3353
They must feel our heat. The PASS Act must be stopped or we will forever be controlled by an International Surveillance Society.
Please call today and send this message to at least 5 more people. There is no time to lose!
SEND THIS MESSAGE TO AT LEAST TEN MORE PEOPLE! APC is now offering you a quick and easy way to multiply your efforts and help win more battles! Simply click here to send this APC Action Alert to up to TEN of your friends! It’s fast, it’s easy and most of all, it’s extremely effective in KILLING OPPRESSIVE POLICIES!