03 Nov Stop the lame-duck session!
Tell ‘em they’re fired!
On Tuesday the American People made their position clear. Americans oppose the policies of Barack Obama, Harry Reid, and Nancy Pelosi.
In short – these leaders and their agenda were FIRED!
But, now they plan to return to Congress to conduct a Lame-Duck session with the intention of passing all of the legislation they were unable to pass in the regular session;
Including: Cap and Trade, Livable Communities (S.1619) that will enforce the UN’s Agenda 21 from a federal level, More stimulus schemes, The Food and Safety Modernization Act, S.510, that will force small farmers out of business, Amnesty for Illegals (Harry Reid’s pet bill), and so much more – all legislation that we have fought and prevented from passage.
Now, Pelosi and Reid, in their last gasp of power, intend to return to Capitol Hill and jam their agenda down our throats in the dark of night in a lame duck session.
But the American People said they didn’t want these people in charge any longer – and they do not want this legislation.
So why would we now allow them to return and do it anyway????
Would a private company fire an employee, but allow them access to the company check book before they leave? Of course not. And neither should the American people allow fired employees like Reid and Pelosi to raid the US treasury or pass legislation that will grab even more power for the federal government.
This is nuts!
However, I believe we can stop it – if enough Americans express their outrage and opposition to the Lame Duck Session. We need to start a nationwide protest demanding that Congress not hold the session.
What do we have to lose? At the very least we can succeed in putting a very bright spot light on the session to make sure the nation is watching what they do.
Please join me in a nationwide protest of the Lame Duck Session.
Action to Take:
1. Call you members of Congress and the Senate and tell them you are opposed to a Lame Duck Session. Tell them to leave any new legislation efforts to the new Congress chosen by the people on Tuesday.
House Switch Board: 202-225-3121
Senate Switch Board: 202-224-3121
Ask for your Members by name
2. Write letters to the editor of your local paper and demand that there be no lame duck session of Congress. We need to create a national outcry.
3. Call Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and tell them they are fired! No Lame Duck Session.
Pelosi’s # 202-225-4965 (congressional office)
202-225-2204, or 202-225-0100 (Speaker’s office)
Reid’s # 202-224-2158 (office of the Majority Leader)
202-224-3542 (Senate office)
4. Call the New Republican leadership and demand they join you in a call for no Lame Duck session.
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s # 202-224-2541
House Minority Leader John Boehner’s # 202-225-6205
5. If you are in a tea party or other activists group, pass this alert on and ask them to join the protest against a lame duck session.
It’s time to take back control of our
government and not allow these arrogant
power mongers to just do what they want.
Tell ‘em they’re fired!
Please pass this alert to everyone you know.