04 Apr Action Alert – Urgent: Food Bill Now Buried In HR 2751
STOP HR 2751!!
TODAY: Tuesday Dec. 21st HOUSE WILL VOTE ON DISASTROUS “FOOD SAFETY BILL”
– HR 2751 will put small farmers out of business.
– HR 2751 will create a massive government bureaucracy run by the Food and Drug Administration, Center for Disease Control, Health and Human Services and the Department of Homeland Security. (Getting food to market under this abomination will be about as easy as getting through the airports).
– HR 2751 will eliminate the only productive sector of our economy – small farms and local food.
– HR 2751 assures that only massive international corporations will be able to supply food.
– HR 2751 will harm our ability to get food that we want to eat.
– HR 2751 opens the door to violations of due process including illegal search and seizure and suspension of judicial review.
– HR 2751 creates 4,000 new food inspectors that will suffocate small farmers.
S-510 was passed late Sunday evening when few were aware of the vote. Senators lined up to vote against the best interests of their constituents, and for the industrialization of the agriculture.
Now having buried S-510 deep in HR 2751, Harry Reid and his band of criminals are looking to pass this disastrous bill through the House. Reid has pulled every dirty trick in the book to sneak this bill by and will not rest until he has done it.
This bill, far from protecting consumers from contaminated food, only worsens the current problem. Reid is not looking out for the good of the American people, but rather searching for top down control of American agriculture. The FDA and their cronies have been looking for an opening like this for years.
This is the theft and seizure of the US food supply on behalf of corporations, who were conspicuously protected in this bill.
ACTION TO TAKE:
CALL YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND AS MANY OTHERS AS POSSIBLE NOW TO DEMAND A NO VOTE ON HR 2751.
House Switchboard: (202) 224-3121